Old 23-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Alan Gabriel
writes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

I believe that from September new builds will not be able to have
chimneys. How sad, after all wood is a sustainable fuel.

That wouldn't burn though would it? I meant that you can grow more trees
and add a bit to the environment whilst they are growing. Once cut down
more trees can be replanted. I love my mutifuel Hunter and would hate to
have to make do with radiators or a holographic real fire look alike!
The fire keeps the whole side of our house warm to touch unlike a
radiator and can be used during power cuts and so on.
What next? a ban on Agas?

Are you sure about the original information? I can't find anything on
proposed changes to Building Regs which would outlaw chimneys. Are you
sure this isn't a reporter combining misunderstanding and creative
imagination to further an argument?

--
Kay