Old 23-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Tex John

I'm in SW Houston and the park across the street from me has over a dozen
big Live Oaks.

All the Live Oaks have at least some brown leaves and some have a bunch of
brown leaves with a bunch of leaves already on the ground. Now that I look
the entire park is peppered with fallen leaves.

The trees on my side of the road drop their leaves in fall, then the ones
across the street in spring...five months of leaf raking!!!

:)

But it is worth it for so many mature trees...

John
in Houston

wrote:

| I've been in my house for about 2 years now and I remember the
Spring
| "Fall"
| here in central Texas, but I can't remember when that's supposed
| occur.
| Is this a March thing or an April thing?
|
| I actually can't tell if you answered my question or not. I was
actually
| asking to see if anyone knows the approximate date that the oaks
drop their
| leaves in the spring. Any idea?
|
| Thanks,
| David

Our live oaks haven't started seriously dropping leaves yet; each tree
behaves a bit differently, but it's all beginning to begin. Redbuds
were showing color yesterday afternoon.