Old 23-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Mikael

Marcella, that is the way, that I have been told it was done. I guess it is
the lazy way to plant a small bunch of Tomatoes, without having to stake
them. I was wondering if any one had success with this way.
Mikael

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article .com,

The newspaper here did a series on this last summer. As I recall they
used the big 5 gallon plastic buckets like paint comes in. They drilled
a big hole in the bottom of the bucket. Covered it with landscape
fabric. Filled the bucket with potting soil. Hammered the lid on.
Turned the bucket upside down, cut an "X" in the fabric and planted the
tomato seedling. After the plant had grown to a particular size the
bucket was turned over to hang by the handle and the lid was removed for
ease of watering.

The method has been around for quite a while. I should think you could
find more detailed directions on the web if you wanted them.

marcella