Old 24-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Harold Walker

Here is a site I find very useful for seed germination info etc...one that I
have used for quite some time and have found the info to be quite good..

Tom Clothier's Garden Walk and Talk
http://tomclothier.hort.net/index.html

At least worth taking a peek;

Harold Walker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from JB contains these words:

As we're into late February I started sowing things in the greenhouse
and of course we promptly get a cold snap so I've got out the heaters
to keep everything cosy. Now some of the seed packets I have suggest
that temperatures of 18 - 20 degrees are required which seems
reasonable enough for a day time temperature in a greenhouse at this
time of year but what sort of temperatures can seeds survive over
night and still germinate or for that matter what sort of temperatures
can seedlings survive once they have germinated?

(or putting it another way am I going to have to spend a fortune on
paraffin in the next forthnight?)

How are we supposed to guess, from zero information about what you
sowed and where you are?

Janet.