Old 24-02-2005, 09:32 AM
pk

Lynda Thornton wrote:
Hi

I have some mail order plants that were delivered yesterday. We've
had ice and snow for days now but yesterday it melted enough and the
soil was soft enough to enable me to do some planting but not all.

Today we woke up to a couple more inches of snow and it's still
snowing now. Is it OK for the plants to scrape the snow off the soil
and then plant them in this weather as long as the soil isn't frozen?
Otherwise I'll have to keep them in the garage or something until a
thaw.

Thanks
Lynda

if the ground isn't frozen, it is ok to plant. but avoid putting the top,
coldest layer of soil at the bottom of the hole.

pk