Old 24-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Derek Broughon

On Thu, 2005-24-02 at 11:17 -0500, jedi wrote:
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I really like not having any shelves at all. Since I redid my pond to be
without them (some years ago now) I have not had one loss from raccoons
which had been a constant problem. I also have crates upside down that the
plants sit on and with one side of them being higher than the others they
serve as caves that the fish love to hang out in. As the saying goes...
different strokes for different folks...

Shelves/no shelves is as good an argument as rock bottoms, or roofing
vs. pond EPDM :-)

I had plenty of shelves in my last pond. The next one won't have any.
It's just much more flexible (and easier) to make the pond straight
sided and add milk crates or PVC racks to put plants on.

A bog's nice, though.
--
derek