Old 24-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Sarah Dale

JB wrote:
Are pears going to be happy in pots and if so how large a container
should I allow, would I need two or more pear trees to pollinate
successfully and can anyone recommend any particular types of pears.

JB,

If you only have room for one tree, get a familty pear tree - I bought
one for my garden it has Beth Concorde & Comice. Compatible polination
groups and a stagered cropping - best of everything!

What I'm not sure about is what root stocks a family tree would be
available on - and you will want a dwarfing variety.

HTH,

Sarah