Old 25-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Amazin Amazin is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I have a small garden and would like to try growing a pear tree in a
pot on a patio area next to the house.
Three weeks ago I bought a 'Concorde' variety pear from Woolies for £7.99 -it's sold as a Patio pear. It's around four feet tall in it's bare roots! I planted it up immediately in a 38cm/ 15inch terracotta pot and put it outside. Right now it's smothered in buds, despite the cold weather. According to the label it'll grow to 2m tall, 1m wide, over 5 years. Mind you, you'll have a say in that, as you can prune it (carefully) to suit.

Amazin'