Old 24-02-2005, 10:29 PM

In article ,
Jim Carlock wrote:
I was wondering about rooting a tomato... I've had this stem
in a cup of water for about a week now and I don't see any
roots growing yet, so I decided it's time to look this up.

Be patient. IME, tomatoes are as easy to root as geraniums or coleus
(i.e. dead easy). If you're keeping that cup of water on your
windowsill, note that this time of year it may be too cold there
for tropical plants like tomatoes to grow much, so it will take longer
than if you can keep the cuttings at summer temps.

And I found the following...
This looks like some very interesting information...
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p...vertomato.html

This is an extremely cool document. (How to Grow the Tomato and 115 Ways
to Prepare it for the Table by George Washington Carver, 2nd edition 1936)