Old 25-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:13:22 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Oooookay, all you curmudgeons!

The page appeared to be gone when I tried to access it just now, but I have
a fair idea of what it might have been all about, given that I live in this
tarp infested area.

Diana excellent observations. The article was about the Bermuda High
that is firmly ensconced right where it was LAST year as well as the
sea surface temps being comparable and El Nino being weak AGAIN. Same
set up as last season so duck was the advice.

My Aunt and Uncle had a CBS house in Miami that was built well however
when my Uncle, a masonry contractor, built a Garage for his business
he chose to over build using Twin "T's" for Second Floor and Roof,
Heavily reinforced concrete pillars and Window openings, steel storm
shutters and an internal well & Standby Generator, vented with fuel
supply for two weeks. Needless to say it was as storm proof as any
could be. Direct hit from Andrew left ZERO damage to the Garage and
minimal damage to the home. So it IS possible to build for the
storms.

Now where AM I going to store those tarps...AND Blenders!

Dave