Old 24-02-2005, 08:55 PM
San Diego Joe

"jedi" wrote:

Ok, I have decided that there is no way I am going to be able to dig out the
pond I now have in mind on my own so I'm thinking of renting a digging
device.... It has to be small enough that I can get it in my back yard -
maybe I could take out one section of fence. Does anyone know what the
smallest excavator is that you can rent and how easy they are to use?

I rented a small backhoe that went through a 4'-4" opening with a tad to
spare. It was a blast to operate too - good testosterone high.

I think if you phone some rental places, they'll tell you what they have.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.