Old 25-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Sean Houtman

Alan Little wrote in
:

It's never required much care; I just water it regularly, and it's
always been happy. I have a couple of pictures of it; if someone
could give me some pointers on what to look for as far as disease
or parasites, I'd appreciate it.

The first picture shows the pot it's in, and some of the dying
leaves. The second gives some idea of the size of it (ignore the
messy kitchen in the background please In the second picture,
the branches are resting on push-pins in the wall; it's not a
climber.

http://www.holotech.net/images/02230001.JPG
http://www.holotech.net/images/02230003.JPG

Your plant is a Pothos, or Epipremnum aureum. A few suggestions, if
all you have ever done is water it, a light fertilizer might be
advisable. If you have been fertilizing, try flushing salts out of
the pot. You will need to give it enough water at once that a bunch
of it runs out the drainage holes. It would take a dozen people to
haul that beast into the bathroom, so you might want to rig some
sort of tray underneath it to catch the runout.

Sean