Old 25-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Jim Lewis

On 25 Feb 2005 at 11:34, Philip Diamond wrote: 3) Immediately place offenders on a filter list. This will prevent
those of us on the mailing list from receiving the problem RAB posts
-- unless, of course, someone else on RAB replies to an offending
post. (This option would not keep these filtered spammers or other
offensive postings from RAB; their posts would continue to show up on
RAB). Pressure on our IBC list archives would be relieved -- except
for those replies -- since only messages that make it to the list go
to the archives. But it would add a lot to my workload.

It would not work. Usenet trolls tend to post in packs and use sock
puppets (multiple identities) to chatter with and among themselves. You
would be chasing phantoms all day. Ignoring them drives them off pretty
quickly.

If only we WOULD ignore them -- but we don't.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++