Old 25-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Wayne C. Morris

In article ,
(Philip Diamond) wrote:

On Friday, Feb 25, 2005, at 10:23 America/Chicago, Shelly Hurd wrote:

Here I need to add that -- I -- found the LIST via RAB. I don't know
that I would have ever found you folks without it.

I also found the list via r.a.b. I'd have never heard of it otherwise.

/lurk

Ditto.

If IBC were just a mailing list and/or web forum, I doubt I'd bother
subscribing to it, nor reading the forum/archives more than once every few
months. I don't care much for lists & forums, I prefer newsgroups.

Just ignore the trolls. They crave attention; if they don't get it here,
they'll get bored and go away.

If people want to take firmer action, here are two more options:

4) Change the mail gateway so that posts from RAB are sent to an IBC
moderator, who must approve them before they're echoed to the mailing list.

5) Make RAB a moderated newsgroup. It would take a lot of time & effort to
make this change, as the RFD/CFV process takes a minimum of 2 months, but
it could be well worth it.