Old 25-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

My seed potatoes are beginning to sprout, but the garden is nowhere
ready to plant them!

It will take me at least another couple of months to work up the
energy to get up out of my chair and go into the garden, the
chances of digging the garden are just as remote!

What can I do?

Order a few tons of topsoil, lay the potatoes on the garden surface,
cover them with topsoil.

Don't be flippant! ;-)
The last time I planted potatoes, I laid them on the surface and covered
them with the contents of my compost heap. I was well satisfied with the
results.
--
Kay