Old 25-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Kenni,

No doubt that there are great old homes that would survive just about
anything, and have done so. Remember what I wrote about the middle of last
century? Think General Development Corp. That's who originally developed
Port St. Lucie, and the original houses are absolute garbage. Some are CBS,
but so poorly constructed that it doesn't matter what materials were used.
Bubble gum to keep the blocks together. Most have flat, or almost flat,
roofs. And these days, they mostly belong to folks who buy them for little
money, and also have little money to make them safer. That is sad, to me.
It's almost always those who have little who lose most.

Then, of course, you have the boom in electronics sales in Miami-Dade and
Broward counties, where there were no hurricane landings. Depends on who
does the interviewing.

Diana