Old 26-02-2005, 05:04 AM
ie

Occasionally the fire ants set up shop in my herb garden...is it safe to use
any of these products around herbs and vegetables for human consumption?

Any new info on stuff that is effective is much appreciated since one sting
starts me in hives all over and two stings sends me to the ER.......
I HATE FIRE ANTS MORE THAN ANYONE.....

"Red" wrote in message
om...
Green Light has a new product called "Fire Ant Control" with Conserve.
It is organic and is a bait, it is effective within one to two days and
only the really big mounds which have more than a couple of queens will
require retreatment. Safe to use in potted plants. As to the treatment of
a pot you can drowned them out if you have a container that is big enough
to hold the affected container in question. Just submerse it in water
overnight, won't hurt the plant and should get rid of the pests.

"MDM" wrote in message
We just moved to a new place this month and my SO has put all her potted
plants in the yard just like she had them at the old place.
For some reason the ants have attacked only one of these, (some sort of
caudiform she says). They have invaded the pot, and it looks like
displaced half of the soil outside the pot, replacing it with...? Ants?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks