Old 26-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Robert Flory

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I have a 55 Gallon setup, that is typical of what you get at Petsmart. It's
about 4.5 feet long, maybe 18 inches deep. It has two hood lights. I
recently moved to live plants, and some are doing well, but some are not.
For example my Amazon Sword Plants seem to be starving. My gut tells me
the
small 40w fluro's in the hood just aren't cutting it.

Anyone have some ideas on hood options that allow more light?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Two 40"s on a55 will do quite well...
http://www.angelfire.com/wy2/wyogeo/aquariums/

Tank 1 has two has two standard 40 watt bulbs in it. Two standard 40s laid
across the top. And Fluorite as a substrate.

All you need is a good supply of CO2 and the right ferts.

Bob