Old 26-02-2005, 04:19 AM
Tex John

I couldn't agree more. From local forsale newsgroups to programmers
newsgroups, the people here are nice and the spam is at a minimum.

If you check Ziff Davis and other online/offline newsletters and magazines,
spam is increasing exponentially. It is simply getting worse and worse. I
see very little here compared to elsewhere.

In the last issue, much was caused simply from cross-posting.

Set the mailing list to block cross-posts and then just us in RAB will get
the crap. I didn't see any posts from RAB members personally...just cross
posts in that last go-round. Bonsai engenders almost no crossposting at all
and would block maybe one in several hundred valid posts...which would still
get to RAB and if us RAB guys answered it, it would make it to the mailing
list.

If Jim wanted to clue me in on the service we use to send to a mailing list
from a newsgroup, I might could help implement that.

My (informed) $0.02 worth.

Like some of these other RAB posts mention, we are used to it and it really
isn't that bad...comparitively speaking to what's going on lately. If you
take alt.autos.ford, probably 30% of the new threads are crap.

John
still in Houston

"Nina" wrote in message
oups.com...
Every once in a while I consider joining another group; I listen to the
other group (Jazz, art, whatever) for a while and realize how GREAT
this group is- we are literate, we stay on topic, and we are nice. Our
problems with spammers and idiots are minor.

I like the community of my dear friends on the maillist, but I'd like
to reach out to newbies and lurkers on RAB without having to hang out
there. My time is limited and I have a dial-up connection!

Nina