Old 26-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Theo

Hi Jim
why not send every monday an automatic mail suggesting memebers
not to loose time in idle talk ar answering to banter/OT topics ..
after all most of people are "supposed to be adult* here and might
understand ..
In the french and some Italians site every monday the chart of the
NG is automatically published .
why not to do something here as well ?
my and only 2 cents to this topic
Theo

Jim Lewis wrote:

On 26 Feb 2005 at 1:29, Wayne C. Morris wrote:

Well, I decided to take a quick look at the first and
immediately discovered:

"There is currently a moratorium on converting unmoderated
newsgroups to moderated newsgroups, and proposals of that type
will not be accepted."

So, it was a thought. :-(

jim

I'm not terribly familiar with the process, but I dug up a few links to get
you started...

This page describes the process:

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/big-eight.html

Here's a handbook for would-be moderators:

http://www.landfield.com/usenet/moderators/handbook/

Here's a FAQ:

http://www.swcp.com/~dmckeon/mod-faq.html

And here's a page describing some of the problems & pitfalls:

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html

************************************************ ********************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--