Old 26-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Mike Patterson

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:30:29 GMT, "Yabbadoo"
wrote:

SNIP

I live in a little village. I can sit out in the yard overlooking the
countryside and enjoy my pond without the remotest possibility of a
"drive-by" shooting or accidental firearm discharge posing a danger, unlike
many parts of the world where gun ownership is rife and legal, as is lack of
control of the owners.

Sincerely, Len.

You can tell yourself that f it makes you feel better, but the fact is
that gun-related crmes rose dramatically in the UK after total gun
prohibition was enacted.

You were never in much danger due to living in your little village.
Your life is not appreciably safer now than 10 years ago. Urban
dwellers have a different experience.

The honest citizens gave them up, the criminals kept them and have
less compuncton about using them, it's that simple. Sad, but true.
Life would be so much easier if the simple, easy answers were always
also the correct answers.

"Unintended consequences".

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin