Old 26-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Martha

Hi !

We`ve also started a new orchid society in my town just a year ago. Now
we`ve got around 20 members, and 10 more people are also coming to the
meetings. We`ve already organised one exhibition with 4000 visitors coming
to see around 100 different plants in bloom. Next show will take place in
April, we expect more vendors, more flowers and more visitors of course. The
core of the society is just a group of 5 people, who run this crazy machine.
It easy ))

greetings from Poland
Martha

"Steve" wrote in message
Well, this is a post I never expected to write. Tonight I attended the
first ever meeting of the Adirondack Orchid Society. Seven of us sat
around for 2 hours discussing orchids and how to make a local Orchid
society work.
Orchid growers are few and far between around here so I don't know if we
can get enough people to keep it going or not. In fact, 2 of the 7 there
tonight don't have a single orchid and never have. Another one used to
grow some orchids but hasn't owned any for a few years now. Pretty
pathetic really but I'll stay with it for better or worse. ;-)

Steve