Old 26-02-2005, 09:53 PM
NetMax

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave S wrote:
I've cleaned out the fruit from a coconut and boiled the shell. I plan
put this in my tank for additional shelter. Before I do has anyone any
experience of doing this. Any feedback most welcome.

Sure, once it's clean the stuff id pretty much inert. No worries. I've
got a couple here I've been carrying around for about 20 years (don't
ask me what kind of idiot takes coconuts shell with him when he
moves).

LOL, the same kind of 'idiot' who keeps the wooden crates the aquariums
were shipped in (for my next move), and has a collection of several
hundred pounds of various types of gravel and rocks spread over a dozen
lined milk crates (rocks and gravel can get very expensive with big
tanks), and don't get me started on my spare parts boxes ;~).

I almost wonder if some fish wouldn't pick the coconut shell clean from
the inside?
--
www.NetMax.tk