Old 26-02-2005, 10:23 PM
McEve

"Dave S" wrote in message
I've cleaned out the fruit from a coconut and boiled the shell. I plan to
put this in my tank for additional shelter. Before I do has anyone any
experience of doing this. Any feedback most welcome.

TIA - Dave
---
Dave Scott
Hampshire, England

Beware spam trap when replying

I've used coconut shells for as long as I've had fish. I take the coco out
of the nut, and give them a scrub, and that's it. Some catfish love to graze
of the hair, so I leave it on. It usually takes about 2 weeks and they're
smooth as a baby's bottom. Some people boil them before using them, but I
never did and has had no problems with that. Mind you, the boiling might be
a good idea