Old 26-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Storm

On 2005-02-22, Charlotte Hippen wrote:
No, they really didn't. The instructions say "Most prefer indirect light.
Mod. moist soil" Not much help. But with were they were purchased (dept.
store) that is usually the case. I know that they need some sort of a
period of cold for rest, but that was the extent of my knowledge. They are
currently in a pot and are blooming. I think I'll do like Bill suggested
and plan them outside when spring gets here. I'll use your advise and add
bonemeal to the soil. Thanks.

I don't know what tulip bulbs hybrids you have, but in Holland we normally
plant tulips in October/November (preferably beginning of November),
in half spring they will flower (April) and in June/July we dig them up
out of the soil and store them dry, dark, and cool until late autumn.
Tulips need to be replanted in fresh soil (or another spot for three
years) because they using all the "food" out of the soil.

Cheers,

-- Storm