Old 27-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Elaine T

Richard Sexton wrote:
In article , Jan wrote:

I just bought some fertilizer pellets, I'll also continue using the liquid
fertilizer. I just don't want to overdose - the label says iron "may be
toxic to some fish" - how much of a concern is it? I am new to keeping live
plants, and I've never used fertilizer before.

Wellll, allegedly the most iron you want in a tank is 0.3ppm. Mine
comes out of the tap that way. I would't sweat it.

It should be chelated too, and that's way less toxic. I've never hurt
anything in a tank dosing commercial liquid iron fertilizer by the
suggested dosage on the label.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__