Old 27-02-2005, 04:28 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:38:13 GMT, "Bill Landers"
wrote:

Hi Susan-
It would probably be a waste of time to complain to eBay. The seller could
easily claim a "mistake" in uploading the correct image for the particular
item. I guess the the old CAVEAT EMPTOR applies here. I truly believe that
the average person shopping for plants on eBay is generally not all that
well-informed on what they are bidding on. For example, sellers are listing
seeds of named hostas, when we all know that they will not come
true-to-name, and if you spend any amount of time perusing the listings, you
can find many more instances of this. Is it deceptive? Some sellers may
not know any better, but I suppose that others do and don't really care. I
posted the original item this morning because this seemed more careless than
usual, and the seller in question has a history of sloppy listings. But
then again, his feedback rating is 99% plus, so what do I know?!?
Bill Landers

Is it possible to kill the feedback rate with comments about the
error in the posts?

I hate to see new bees flim-flamed by scam artists. We had one
link to our pix one time and say this was the plant he was
selling. He was selling a seedling of the cross not the awarded
plant in our photo. And it was not directly related except to be
the same hybrid... made at a different time.
SuE