Old 27-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Morikami Hatsume Festival

In a message dated 2/26/2005 10:10:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Also wondered if anyone had any experience with Joseph's Coat. I has very

small leaves - almost the size of the serissa and multi colored leaves.

I don't know Joseph's Coat as a typical Bonsai subject, even in south
Florida. I wonder about the scientific name, is it a Euphorbia aka Snow on the
Mountain, because the upper leaves are sometimes white?
Which vendor did you buy from? I was there and didn't notice the plant you
speak of.
A couple of the vendors were guys I knew and they tend to sell to the more
serious, experienced grower. But, there were a couple of booths selling what I
would call Mallsai.
I visited the permanent Bonsai display at the Morikame and missed some of the
trees I have seen before. Hopefully there is a rotation and they haven't been
lost.
A lot of the larger trees in the permanent display were in mica pots.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++