Old 27-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Lee Braiden

Default [IBC] ulmus parvifolia growth and pruning

Hi,

Recently acquired my first bonsai: an approx. 15 year-old chinese elm. I'm
trying to keep it indoors, on a window sill.

Now, it *seems* to be growing well so far... lots of green growth lately; more
than I expected. Though the spacing of nodes on the new growth seems to be
wider than earlier growth. I'm wondering if this is due to less light
indoors?

Also, what is the best time/frequency/severity for pruning it? I've read some
advice to prune throughout the growing season, and other advice to wait until
summer since pruning in spring causes longer internode length.

Any thoughts?

--
Lee.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++