Old 28-02-2005, 05:48 AM
Vincent

Default Giant Lillies

"Linda" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone out there can give me some pointers about the
giant lilllies that are out at the minute. Like - can you give me a
common name or a scientific name (although I know there is more than
one).

I have a photograph of some really tall ones (in excess of five foot)
at

http://chloesgarden.blogspot.com/200...t-lillies.html

but I have another one at home that flowers rarely (reckon it wants
more attention) that is shorter and the flowers are pure white. This
one (above) has tinges of pink.

The flowers remind me a little of Belladonnas and the bulb is similar,
but almost growing on top of the soil.

Any pointers, please?????

Linda

Look like Belladonna's to me, got heaps of them in the back yard they flower
first, then the greenery comes up, probable reason they are so tall is
because they are growing amongst other things and are looking for the sun