Old 28-02-2005, 03:50 PM
The Cook

Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:

In article
,
says...
My new greenhouse. At least the 5 boxes were delivered yesterday
morning at 8:00. My husband spent the morning looking at the video
and getting wood for the base. The concrete was poured last week. I
got a large one from Costco. One of my sons is coming down tomorrow
to help. I can hardly wait.

My broccoli, rapini and lettuce will be very grateful.

Sounds good. Where are you located? Any thoughts on
how much this will increase your growing time per year?

Also please feel free to update here regarding your
assessment of the particular brand, design, etc.

Here is the URL at Costco for the greenhouse.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...nav=&prodid=77

It comes with just about everything you could want to have in the
greenhouse. My husband got the wooden base and the aluminum frame
done by early afternoon Friday (rained on Thursday.) My son arrived
about 3 PM. By 6 PM they had 2 walls up. The weather on Saturday was
great. They had most the outside done that day. Yesterday they
finished up the 2 person jobs by noon. I will point out that my
husband has finished a basement, made an extra room from the back
porch, built a storage shed and put vinyl siding on a 2 story house.
My son is in the business of assembling and repairing exercise
equipment so we are talking about knowledge levels here.

I am located in the foothills of Blue Ridge Mountains in North
Carolina (USA.) Saturday it was 56F and sunny. Today it is snowing.
I am hoping to be able to get at least a month head start on my seeds.
I also needed a place to work and put seedlings since there is really
no place in the house. Besides, I have wanted a greenhouse for years.
I am also going to see what I can keep going over the winter.
Hopefully lettuce, tomatoes, some herbs. It is all a big experiment
this year and I am getting a late start.

Guess I will have to go out and hold things while my husband finishes
with the pop rivets.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."