Old 01-03-2005, 06:18 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Me" wrote in message
. net...
Hello
We have had magpies visit our yard for over 15 years now.
Now 2 Currawongs (hope spelling is correct).
The magpies seem to tolerate them, though if they go for the same piece
of food the magpies snap at them, the c/wongs fly a few feet away and
wait around.
Should we attempt to make the c/wongs not feel welcome (and if so how).
Or will they all live together happily ever after ??

Thanks

Tony

I would leave them alone to sort it out.

BTW feeding wild birds is not a good idea. You may give them an unbalanced
diet, you may make them dependent on you (and not always be there to service
the dependence), you may alter the balance of species by supporting some and
you may create a nuisance.

David