Old 01-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Harold Walker

"Ornata" wrote in message

Hi. I posted this on the "Roses" forum but thought I'd post it here as
well in the hope of getting a few more replies (the site I was directed
to was just a bit too technical), so apologies if you've already read
this:

I've bought some seeds of Rosa moyesii. Does anybody have any tips on
germination? I've read it can take up to 2 years. I haven't been able
to find much information on the web but a couple of sources suggest
starting the seeds in warmth (although one says 15-20C and the other
20-27C) for a few (maybe four?) weeks, then moving them to either 4 or
3 degrees C, although by then I suppose it will be too warm to do that
part of the process outdoors and I'll have to put them in the fridge.
Or would it be best just to start them in a tray outdoors and let the
weather work on them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Why not divide the seeds into two lots and try both methods.....the
outdoor one plus the indoor warmth plus fridge plus back into warmth
again....HW
--
Ornata