Old 01-03-2005, 04:21 PM
K Barrett

Well, you know Julian Shaw really does respond to email questions... even
those from plain old people. His email address is on the RHS site.

"Al" wrote in message

I am still searching for a rule governing the choice of substantival and
adjectival commemoratives. I thought I had pinned it down, but could find
no confirmation. One is used to name a plant *for* a person, which

assumes
they are still alive. The other is used to name a plant *after* a person,
which assumes the are dead. This is probably wrong, but it's as close as

can get and my interest/obsession on this topic is starting to take up too
much time. There is flasking to be done....