Old 01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Rupert

"Si" wrote in message ...
Can someone suggest a place where I can identify the name of this house
plant I was given?

I have put photo's of it at:

http://www.simon255.timewarpuk.net/plant.htm

The plant was given to me last year, there were lots of stems, each with 3
leaves which are purple/deep red in colour. The leaves fold down at night
and open up again the next day.

All the stems died just before Xmas (I thought I had killed it) but last
week one stem re-grew.

I am looking for general care and advice tips so I can nurse it back to
health. As I only have one stem at the moment, do you think more will
re-grow over the next few weeks?

How wet should I keep the soil or how often should I water it?

Should I keep the plant on a window ledge, or elsewhere in my house?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Si.

It's an oxalis-keep moist --reasonable light--pretty tough.