Old 02-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Jim Carlock

"Claire Petersky" wrote:
Since tomato blight is a common problem in our state, one of the
advantages of growing them upside down is that they may be easier
to keep ventilated and from moisture staying on them, encouraging
these problems.

Anyone else find that tomatoes love to be bottom fed? I mean sitting
a clay pot in a bowl and filling the bowl with water during the morning.

I've got four plants in a little 1qt clay pot that are doing just wonderful
underneath a tree (they don't seem to like the Florida heat). I don't
think the water is evaporating during the day too much, and the water
is always gone by the start of evening. Could be squirrels coming by
for a drink I imagine, though. I've got a few other tomato plants
growing in the ground but they just don't seem to be growing like the
ones in the clay pot. Maybe I'm only imagining it and have to give
them another month ?

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.