Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Kethera

"Theoneflasehaddock" wrote in message
oups.com...

Try spraying dish soap on herbs? What exactly do you use the herbs for?

Psst, want a little soap with your basil? I'll bet that dish soap
tastes great in tomato sauce.

Well, I wouldn't be pouring dish soap on, I would be spraying on a
dishsoap and water combination on them. And as someone already pointed out,
I would rinse them off before utilizing them.
Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work, some for
decorative scenting (satchels, pot pourri, etc.).
Even if I didn't spray soap on them I would still want to wash them off
prior to consumption as there are a lot of various animal and insect pests
that visit the garden. Plus neighbour cats prowl around and sometimes
utilize the garden as something other then what I intended it for, so for
sanity sake it is imperative to clean off all herbs, fruit and veggies I or
my family intend to imbibe. :-)
Take care,
Kethera