Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Travis

I live in NC with clay soil. A problem area for me is under my deck
where the soil NEVER seems to drain. I've removed the mulch
installed by the builder. :-( to try and help to no avail. I don't
want the deck supports to prematurely rot out from underneath us!

Is it possible/adviseable to install a membrane/barrier on top of
the soil to only permit evaporation and no further water uptake?

Could/should I also add crushed rock to assist in draining the water
away from this area?

Rob

I hope the deck supports are not resting on the ground. Does the ground
slope away from the house?

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5