Old 02-03-2005, 07:21 PM
JimS.

Default How soon to start spraying?

Almost all of my roses are leafing out or just about to start....how early
on in the new foilage cycle should I spray? I planted 3 or 4 new bare-roots
too.

Will spraying too early stunt the leaf-out process? Also, will it hurt them
to spray bare-roots that only just have the new buds on them, but haven't
really leafed out yet?

I was kind of lazy last year and I didn't water enough, and my roses didn't
exactly thrive last year. We're in for such a long season this year in
Seattle, I want to kick butt-- so early and regular spraying is something
I'm going to do this year. Any suggestions on how early is too early?

thanks

JimS.
Seattle Z8