Old 03-03-2005, 12:55 AM
chrissykp chrissykp is offline
Registered User

Claude,
Thanks for the quick advice. So you say, take the plant out of the medium, cut mushy roots, replant in well draining pot, in fresh medium (orchid bark mix I presume) and give it a rest. And by rest you mean cut back on the watering? I have seen other people mention compost? Or do I stick to just bark. I have also seen that people mist their orchids daily? Or do I just water the medium once a week. Thanks for taking the time to answer my obviously novice questions! What does a healthy vs mushy root look like?