Old 02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
madgardener

MY problem is where I live in Eastern Tennessee isn't offering cable
internet yet. I am tethered to an ISDN line thru BellSouth and my server
provider is now businesses only but still has a few of us die hards who love
his services who are residents. I am one of those die hards. When I can get
cable internet (DSL) then I am outa there............I not only pay
Bellsouth for the ISDN lines each month (it's a given considering it's my
ONLY alternative, and yes I considered satellite service thru Direct t.v.
but no thank you, bad enough when a really powerful storm cell knocks out my
t.v. services including my desperately needed local stations I pay for and
what good is that when there is a nasty tornado or storm approaching? but to
also lose my internet capabilities too? no thank you but I also have my
ISDN service fee's which cost me $49 every month...............huge sigh.

one day I hope to have located either an affordable ISDN service, or DSL
will come because so many people are moving here that actually HAVE
computers! (the population here is astounding. apparently the slogan
"tennessee is the place to be" is catching fire. EVERYONE is relocating
here. Now if only the wages would rise at the jobs around
here...........................and who knows? maybe we'll get that traffic
light in town! LOL yeppers, we still don't have a traffic light in town. I
think it'll come soon enough. one nasty traffic accident by some old person
turning into the local store and someone not paying attention going in the
opposite direction who shouldn't be driving faster than 40 will sadly be the
reason we'll finally get that much needed light.............(we've needed
two of them now for as long as I've been here, which is 13 years now)

back to the subject, I just have to patiently wait for other options for
internet services. despite that I love the quality of service provided by
V.I.C. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could cut my provider fee's in half and
drop that ISDN line fee with Bellsouth.....................
of course having DSL would be a whole different breed of cat too.......I
better be careful what I wish for unless I know what I'm reaching into,
right?
madgardener trying to recover from spreading herself too thin these last
three weeks
"Jeana" wrote in message
madgardener wrote:
I myself despise that all those pop up's are everywhere

Although I don't really know what I'm doing half the time on the
computer, my cable connection works great for me. I started out with AOL
and then my grown son had me switch to a local cheaper ISP. He said
worse things about AOL than it sucked. After I got the hang of that,
I went to cable. I don't have any pop ups, and so far, no spam. Not one
bit since AOL.

I remember Marilyn from my AOL days.

I wish you could change your isp someday.

Jean from Ohio too