Old 03-03-2005, 04:41 AM

Chrissy,
If you use spraghum moss and a few pieces of bark mixed in you'll
do fine for a medium. As a beginner read up on Phals. For instance:

Water it when it is just this side of dry or dry for one day.

When you water it don't leave water standing in it's crown and
don't leave water in a drain dish- this is a sure fire way to kill your
orchid.

Put it where it gets light (east window) but not hot.

Try not to move your orchid around - it's funny - I use a small hand
mirror to look at blooms and stems. You won't damage your plant this
way.

Keep us posted and we'll tell you the do's and don'ts - we have to
hear how your treating your plant in order to help........Burr