Old 03-03-2005, 04:10 PM
paghat

In article , BattMeals
wrote:

Sitka spruce. If my memory is working today, you're in the pacific
northwest?

-matt

Thanks much! It was suggested that this little tree be moved before it had
the chance to outgrow the location & would just have to be cut down. I was
kinda wishing it was something that'd stay relatively small that could be
left where it's at, but no such luck there since Sitkas are among the
tallest of the tall.

-paggers

paghat wrote:
It's only a little tree about seven feet tall but already producing cones:

http://www.paghat.com/images/conifer-near-swan-feb.jpg

The cones are about three inches. The needles are very bristly-stiff. It
is upright & narrow. This is a February photo.

-paghat the ratgirl

--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html