Old 03-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Spider

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
The message
from "Roy Forster" contains these

words:

I have seen an advert for the above item and wonder if anyone knows of

it
and could give an opinion.

I want to convert some of my back garden (lawn) to a vegetable plot.

Most of
the plot is quite stony.

They're stock-in-trade at most hire shops. Why not to hire one for a day
and see how you get on?
That gives you a chance to assess what size of machine you can handle.

Janet

Very sensible advice! I've never used one, simply because a neighbour
already had - and wasn't impressed. As I remember, stony ground was a big
part of the problem. Another often-reported problem with tillers is that
they don't just break up the ground - they break up the weeds as well and
spread them all over your garden. Approach with caution.

Spider