Old 03-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Broadback

Mike wrote:

the readers of this newsgroup are of such an age that they can answer this
question.

What is the "Jackpot Pools Win of 1957 of £75,000" worth today, or, putting
it a different way, What would "£75,000 of today's money", have been worth
in 1957??

Mike
:-))

I have no idea, but I actually know someone whose Father did indeed win
that, though what year I do not know. He set himself and 3 offspring up
in business, and bought them a house. They are still a very prosperous
family, though Father has since died.
Done better than most Lottery winners methinks!

--
Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically