Old 03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Shez

In article , Aunty Kreist Aunty_Kreist@
satanickittens.net writes

"Jani" wrote in message
It's warming up here. Send 'em over to me, I'll have 'em What colours

did
you get?

Jani

Yellow, orangish-yellow, pink, hot pink, and deep red.

Crikey, my brother in law was gonna build me a trellis for my roses, only
they're here already, and we haven't even gotten the wood yet!

Don't worry about it.. Its going to be some time before they sprout, and
they wont make an exceptional amount of growth in the first years, they
will be making roots to stabilise themselves, as long as you put your
trellis in for next years growth you will be fine, Just plant the roses
about a foot away from where the trellis will be dug in. Never put them
to near a trellis, arch or wall, they can get to dry at the roots, a
foot or nine inches away will give them plenty of soil around their
base... Roses are easy honestly.... they are really tough and they will
grow as long as when you plant them you firm them in well..

"Aunty Kreist" wrote in message
Hey Shez-
Have a quick question.....

The #$%$@* nursey I order from has just shipped my climbing roses. They
arrived today.

What the heck? They are supposed to ship at the planting times of the
zones
you live in....Dangit!

There's 6 inches of snow currently on the ground.
Will the roses be OK? They are bare root, and in very good shape. Stems
are
nice and green, and the roots are very moist ( wrapped in moss).

Will they be OK if I store them for about a month? What should I do-

keep
roots moist with the moss and store in a cool, dark place?

--
Shez
Shez's Garden at