Old 04-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Dwayne

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message

Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs, beaten slightly
½ to ¾ cup sugar (3/4 cup is a little too sweet)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt

1 lb canned pumpkin
1 cup whole milk

Mix all ingredients. Pour into 9-inch raw pie shell. (Frozen is fine.)
Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350-375F and
bake until a knife inserted comes out clean, about 45 minutes more.

Note that the recipe calls for canned pumpkin. No North American in
his right mind bothers with processing his own pumpkin; it's way too
much work,

Please dont tell everyone that. I raise them and my wife cooks them the way
she wants them. That way we control the salt and other preservatives we eat
rather than buying it.

These days, such delights as pie crust are verboten for health
reasons, so I mix the filling and bake it with no crust -- a sort-of
baked pumpkin custard.

That is the way we do it also. Very good and good for you.

Have fun, Dwayne
--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada