Old 04-03-2005, 12:52 PM
The Cook

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

It will be interesting to see how my tomatoes especially do this year.
I am trying "Sun Leaper" this year. I bought some last year at the
farmers market and they were very good. Fairly thick flesh and kept
well.

Exciting isn't it? :-)

Don't forget to share pictures!!!

I will as soon as my husband finished connecting all of the electrical
stuff and I get the trash out. I consider dirt on the floor to be a
normal condition.

Question. Do I need grow lights in the greenhouse? My first guess is
that there is plenty of light for starting seedlings. I am wondering
about keeping some plants going during the winter, especially tomatoes
and herbs. I do love the watering wand.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."