Old 02-03-2005, 06:22 PM
kathy

Yes, that sure looks like it.
And it did really well in the tub, maybe you can
figure out some way to keep the pads in the tub
that want to escape.

I think if you buy a dwarf lotus from a catalog
it *should* bloom that year as I think they sell
mature plants (unless they state different).

I grew a lotus from seed. The first year it put pads
on the surface, the second year it put out some
arial pads and I figured the third summer it
would bloome but then that fall we had a drastic drop
in temperature and jan figures that is what killed it.
It was also in a tub on the deck. Very exposed. I think
if it had been in the pond it would have done fine, larger
bodies of water taking longer to drop in temp.

*Other* ponders, who shall remain nameless, have lotus
that grow like weeds. Some of them have whole ponds
full of them.

Besides the seed starts I killed, I managed to kill one that
was dug up from a University extension pond that was
closing down and then one that jan gave me last year.
So this is the LAST year I'm trying it. I'm sure it isn't me...
I'm betting it is the vibrations that run through the house
from the band practicing... that's it.

kathy