Old 04-03-2005, 10:08 AM
BAC

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Rodger Whitlock wrote:

snip

Can you not get canned pumpkin in the UK?

We can grow them. There isn't much call for canned pumpkin as no-one can
really stomach pumpkin pie - even those of us that are quite omnivorous.

Speak for yourself - I like pumpkin pie, which, the way I make it, is like a
lighter less stodgy and slightly less sweet version of treacle tart,
decorated with pecans. I have found that people have been prejudiced against
pumpkin pie, but most have actually enjoyed it when they've tried it.

Thanks for the pie recipe but I prefer my pumpkins with ginger as winter
soup.

As I only need about 1 lb of pumpkin flesh for the pie, I usually manage pie
and soup (minus the ginger) from the same specimen. That's having your pie
and drinking it :-)